Course duration: 1 day
Price:6 500 THB
Who should take this course?
React Right is SSI's emergency training program, consisting of the following basic components: Primary Assessment, First Aid & CPR Skills, Primary Stabilization Techniques, and includes two optional components: Oxygen Administration in Diving Emergencies and Automated External Defibrilation Basics. Students who complete this program earn the SSI React Right specialty certification.
React Right training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non stressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you start learning right away.
React Right courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the SSI Diver Stress & Rescue course and all professional-level ratings. Most Instructors are also React Right Instructors.
The following React Right courses are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care.
What will you learn?
- Primary Assessment – After completing this section you will have an understanding of how to assess the scene, protect himself and the victim, assess the victim (conscious or unconscious), move, position, and handle a victim, etc. This section teaches how to identify problems that can cause death in a matter of minutes.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Primary Stabilization Skills and Techniques – This section teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn how to perform rescue breaths and CPR and continue to monitor the patient, so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- First Aid Techniques – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- Oxygen Provider – After completing this section you will have an understanding of the oxygen factors, how to deliver oxygen, how to assemble and disassemble the oxygen system, and how to use and handle it.
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED) – This section focuses on teaching participants how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). When workplace or governmental requirements specify this training, the AED course meets the need. This course is often integrated into First Aid at Work programs.