You can also extend your qualifications to the Training Specialist level and lead specialty courses just like an instructor. It means that after a special training, you can teach some specialty courses like perfect buoyancy, navigation, photography and others offered by SSI.
You have two options to gain the DiveCon certificate:
- you can pass each training separately: dive guide, science of diving and then take part in the Dive Control Specialist program
- or you can make a combined training as one
Once certified, the Dive Control Specialist can:
- have the same duties as a DiveMaster
- lead Open Water Diver theoretical sessions under the supervision of a SSI instructor
- lead Open Water Diver pool sessions under the supervision of a SSI instructor (excluding safety skills like out of air situation, air sharing and emergency ascents)
- assist an instructor during training dives in open water
- lead the Try Scuba program in a swimming pool
- lead Scuba skills update
- take part in Training Specialist programs for the possibility of leading specialties like:
- Altitude Diving
- Boat Diving
- Computer Diving
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Equipment Techniques
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Nitrox Diving
The duration of the training depends on the time of the year.
During the Green Season (from May to September) the theoretical sessions are held in our diving center and the practical classes are conducted in the Andaman Sea, mainly in the Koh Phi Phi area. The DiveCON training starts with one week of training in a group and then each student takes active part in assisting instructors during Open Water Diver courses.
The duration of the training also depends on the number of Open Water Diver courses that the DiveCon candidate assists. We encourage all our participants to assist as many training as possible to increase their skills. It doesn’t affect the price. During the Green Season there are not so many Open Water Diver courses, therefore the total duration of the training may be longer compared to the High Season (October to April) when the Open Water Diver Courses are run almost every day.
The price depends on the organization with whom the candidate did his Divemaster course:
Price for a person with SSI DiveMaster certification: 28 000 THB
Price for a person with a DiveMaster certification from another organization: 32 000 THB