SSI Dive Master
DG/DM 35 000/45 000 THB
- The SSI Dive Guide program provides candidates with the knowledge and training necessary to supervise and guide certified divers on recreational scuba dives.
- Divemaster rating recognizes candidates that have the knowledge and training necessary to perform the duties of a certified assistant. These duties including assisting SSI Instructors with conducting entry-level and continuing education scuba training programs.
- Minimum age: 18 years old.
- Have logged at least 60 open water dives totaling 40 hours or more.
- Have the following SSI certifications (no equivalency permitted):
- Professional Dive Guide
- Science of Diving
Active Status Qualifications
In addition to the duties performed by an active status Professional Dive Guide, active status Divemasters may:
- Act as a certified assistant for all SSI recreational scuba courses.
- Assist during open water training dives by taking no more than two (2) students at a time on excursion dives. Qualify as a Training Specialist for the SSI Ecology Specialty Programs.
- Enroll in an SSI Instructor Training Course.